Erotica Month in Summary
This month there were 380 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 51938, increased between 70 and 75% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 17947 and 120874.
- There were 279 standalone books, and 121 books which were in 104 unique series.
- There were 265 books in KU, and 135 wide.
- There were 10 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 390 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were .See the whole list of topics.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 222 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 96 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 41 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 12 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 282 were written in third-person
- 109 were written in first-person
- 8 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.