Erotica Month in Summary
This month there were 209 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 39575, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 10959 and 104387.
- There were 264 standalone books, and 136 books which were in 97 unique series.
- There were 242 books in KU, and 158 wide.
- There were 12 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 388 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Fantasy(▲19), Menage(▲15), Reverse Harem(▲14) and Hotwife(▼-14).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were explicit(32), harem(30), fantasy(26) and dirty(21). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 162 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 150 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 83 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were life(99), more(80), time(77) and way(76). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 13 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 297 were written in third-person
- 95 were written in first-person
- 0 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.