Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 165 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 5428, decreased between 20 and 25% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1466 and 16657.
- There were 168 standalone books, and 232 books which were in 168 unique series.
- There were 212 books in KU, and 188 wide.
- There were 74 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 326 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 137 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 169 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 83 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 12 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 296 were written in third-person
- 99 were written in first-person
- 4 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.