Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 186 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 7474, decreased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 2027 and 18981.
- There were 180 standalone books, and 220 books which were in 178 unique series.
- There were 170 books in KU, and 230 wide.
- There were 88 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 312 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 135 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 174 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 87 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 14 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 326 were written in third-person
- 72 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.