Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 208 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 4970, increased between 15 and 20% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1311 and 20124.
- There were 177 standalone books, and 223 books which were in 173 unique series.
- There were 199 books in KU, and 201 wide.
- There were 77 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 323 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Supernatural(▲14), Military(▼-12), Mystery(▼-11) and School/Academy(▲10).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were light(22), volume(19), adventure(17) and litrpg(16). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 148 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 148 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 100 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were new(160), life(154), world(143) and time(92). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 14 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 308 were written in third-person
- 87 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.