Gay Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 223 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 19230, decreased between 20 and 25% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 8859 and 56189.
- There were 158 standalone books, and 242 books which were in 161 unique series.
- There were 263 books in KU, and 137 wide.
- There were 5 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 395 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 133 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 180 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 83 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 16 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 282 were written in third-person
- 116 were written in first-person
- 6 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.