Gay Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 188 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 16443, increased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 7637 and 51466.
- There were 132 standalone books, and 268 books which were in 188 unique series.
- There were 254 books in KU, and 146 wide.
- There were 18 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 382 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 124 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 164 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 109 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 291 were written in third-person
- 107 were written in first-person
- 11 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.