Week in Summary
This week there were 52 new books in the Top 100.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3674, decreased between 5 and 10% from last week. Half the books in the Top 100 were between ranks 2225 and 4872.
- There were 34 standalone books, and 66 books which were in 46 unique series.
- There were 87 books in KU, and 13 wide.
- There were 2 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 98 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 54 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 29 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 17 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 18 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 58 were written in third-person
- 41 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.