Week in Summary
This week there were 38 new books in the Top 100.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 1909, decreased between 5 and 10% from last week. Half the books in the Top 100 were between ranks 1279 and 2572.
- There were 49 standalone books, and 51 books which were in 39 unique series.
- There were 66 books in KU, and 34 wide.
- There were 31 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 69 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Crime(▲5), Regency(▲4), Scottish(▼-4) and Small town(▲3).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were regency(9), western(7), duke(7) and lady(6). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 39 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 20 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 41 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this week were life(47), love(46), new(43) and heart(42). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 16 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 99 were written in third-person
- 1 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.