Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Month in Summary
This month there were 186 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3601, decreased between 20 and 25% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 930 and 8300.
- There were 225 standalone books, and 175 books which were in 144 unique series.
- There were 117 books in KU, and 283 wide.
- There were 216 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 184 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Police(▲14), Suspense(▼-12), Cozy(▲11) and Mystery(▲9).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were gripping(19), murder(14), psychological(14) and twist(13). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 135 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 147 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 112 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were new(220), life(151), york(145) and times(140). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 16 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 366 were written in third-person
- 28 were written in first-person
- 2 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.