Paranormal Month in Summary
This month there were 189 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3415, increased between 30 and 35% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1369 and 12492.
- There were 106 standalone books, and 294 books which were in 181 unique series.
- There were 267 books in KU, and 133 wide.
- There were 29 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 371 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 120 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 183 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 89 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 18 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 204 were written in third-person
- 190 were written in first-person
- 8 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.