Paranormal Month in Summary
This month there were 174 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 4884, increased between 60 and 65% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1725 and 19870.
- There were 106 standalone books, and 294 books which were in 192 unique series.
- There were 251 books in KU, and 149 wide.
- There were 31 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 369 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 139 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 160 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 93 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 15 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 225 were written in third-person
- 170 were written in first-person
- 8 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.