Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 250 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 2146, increased between 30 and 35% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 380 and 5297.
- There were 183 standalone books, and 217 books which were in 158 unique series.
- There were 142 books in KU, and 258 wide.
- There were 99 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 301 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 176 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 144 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 72 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 18 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 281 were written in third-person
- 117 were written in first-person
- 2 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.