Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 248 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 2746, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 513 and 6025.
- There were 191 standalone books, and 209 books which were in 153 unique series.
- There were 130 books in KU, and 270 wide.
- There were 97 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 303 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were .See the whole list of topics.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 183 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 134 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 71 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 15 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 290 were written in third-person
- 107 were written in first-person
- 4 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.