Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 248 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 2764, increased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 559 and 6607.
- There were 188 standalone books, and 212 books which were in 176 unique series.
- There were 113 books in KU, and 287 wide.
- There were 112 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 288 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 166 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 157 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 65 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 313 were written in third-person
- 83 were written in first-person
- 4 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.