Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 259 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3453, decreased between 20 and 25% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 439 and 8415.
- There were 205 standalone books, and 195 books which were in 166 unique series.
- There were 129 books in KU, and 271 wide.
- There were 110 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 290 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 171 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 121 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 98 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 300 were written in third-person
- 98 were written in first-person
- 8 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.