Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 212 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3592, decreased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 574 and 7346.
- There were 202 standalone books, and 198 books which were in 159 unique series.
- There were 114 books in KU, and 286 wide.
- There were 121 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 279 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Supernatural(▼-12), Aristocracy(▲9), Steamy(▲7) and Biker(▲7).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were town(11), family(11), summer(10) and small(10). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 138 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 183 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 68 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were life(194), new(160), love(131) and good(113). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 308 were written in third-person
- 89 were written in first-person
- 3 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.