Romance Short Reads(1hr) Month in Summary
This month there were 168 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 75086, increased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 31996 and 178879.
- There were 148 standalone books, and 252 books which were in 86 unique series.
- There were 337 books in KU, and 63 wide.
- There were 6 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 394 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 67 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 200 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 114 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 19 sentences across 7 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 137 were written in third-person
- 250 were written in first-person
- 130 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.