Romance Short Reads(1hr) Month in Summary
This month there were 153 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 108996, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 53996 and 277578.
- There were 167 standalone books, and 233 books which were in 99 unique series.
- There were 340 books in KU, and 60 wide.
- There were 5 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 395 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 51 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 196 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 131 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 159 were written in third-person
- 230 were written in first-person
- 122 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.