Romance Short Reads(1hr) Month in Summary
This month there were 152 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 150162, increased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 84501 and 302950.
- There were 191 standalone books, and 209 books which were in 95 unique series.
- There were 324 books in KU, and 76 wide.
- There were 4 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 396 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Age Gap(▲14), BBW/Curvy(▲10), Teacher(▲10) and Office/Workplace(▲8).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were curvy(28), love(24), mountain(19) and girl(18). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 45 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 133 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 194 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were life(94), love(82), thing(75) and heart(66). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 19 sentences across 7 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 164 were written in third-person
- 234 were written in first-person
- 78 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.