Science Fiction & Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 212 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 3586, increased between 20 and 25% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1115 and 15189.
- There were 195 standalone books, and 205 books which were in 156 unique series.
- There were 186 books in KU, and 214 wide.
- There were 101 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 299 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were LitRPG(▲7), Post-Apocalyptic(▲7), Fae/Elves(▼-7) and Dragon(▲6).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were light(16), litrpg(16), volume(14) and adventure(14). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 154 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 149 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 92 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were new(178), world(152), life(145) and time(95). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 15 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 326 were written in third-person
- 67 were written in first-person
- 0 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.