Science Fiction & Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 252 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 4988, increased between 15 and 20% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 1384 and 16194.
- There were 175 standalone books, and 225 books which were in 175 unique series.
- There were 183 books in KU, and 217 wide.
- There were 111 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 289 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were Alpha Male(▼-14), Magic(▼-12), Dragon(▲9) and Supernatural(▼-9).See the whole list of topics.
Frequent words in titles this week were light(19), dark(15), dragon(14) and war(13). See the whole list.>
Sales Rank Distribution
- 142 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 153 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 102 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Frequent words in blurbs this month were new(168), world(155), life(119) and time(112). See the whole list.
Blurbs had a median of 14 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 342 were written in third-person
- 57 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.