Science Fiction Month in Summary
This month there were 160 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 7299, increased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 3353 and 22201.
- There were 208 standalone books, and 192 books which were in 136 unique series.
- There were 237 books in KU, and 163 wide.
- There were 66 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 334 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 94 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 150 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 70 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 12 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 354 were written in third-person
- 42 were written in first-person
- 2 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.