Science Fiction Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 97 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 13706, decreased between 5 and 10% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 6574 and 36228.
- There were 124 standalone books, and 276 books which were in 139 unique series.
- There were 274 books in KU, and 126 wide.
- There were 8 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 392 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 83 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 171 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 116 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 272 were written in third-person
- 125 were written in first-person
- 7 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.