Science Fiction Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 133 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 12638, increased between 60 and 65% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 6060 and 39268.
- There were 119 standalone books, and 281 books which were in 133 unique series.
- There were 245 books in KU, and 155 wide.
- There were 10 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 390 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were .See the whole list of topics.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 102 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 181 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 113 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 273 were written in third-person
- 123 were written in first-person
- 8 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.