Science Fiction Romance Month in Summary
This month there were 121 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 17356, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 8013 and 51121.
- There were 123 standalone books, and 277 books which were in 147 unique series.
- There were 251 books in KU, and 149 wide.
- There were 14 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 386 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 80 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 168 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 149 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 18 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 247 were written in third-person
- 150 were written in first-person
- 14 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.