Teen & Young Adult Month in Summary
This month there were new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 11064, from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 3310 and 37345.
- There were 226 standalone books, and 174 books which were in 121 unique series.
- There were 165 books in KU, and 235 wide.
- There were 77 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 323 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were .See the whole list of topics.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 88 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 174 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 133 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 14 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 332 were written in third-person
- 65 were written in first-person
- 0 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.