Teen & Young Adult Month in Summary
This month there were 125 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 15542, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 4770 and 40860.
- There were 240 standalone books, and 160 books which were in 110 unique series.
- There were 148 books in KU, and 252 wide.
- There were 88 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 312 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 82 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 196 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 116 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 14 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 336 were written in third-person
- 61 were written in first-person
- 2 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.