Teen & Young Adult Month in Summary
This month there were 157 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 17833, increased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 4812 and 47056.
- There were 257 standalone books, and 143 books which were in 101 unique series.
- There were 134 books in KU, and 266 wide.
- There were 89 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 311 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 91 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 169 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 137 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 13 sentences across 4 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 352 were written in third-person
- 44 were written in first-person
- 3 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.