Urban Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 4723, from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 2122 and 17391.
- There were 107 standalone books, and 293 books which were in 172 unique series.
- There were 277 books in KU, and 123 wide.
- There were 40 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 360 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Trending topic tags this week were .See the whole list of topics.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 80 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 194 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 115 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 17 sentences across 6 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 211 were written in third-person
- 184 were written in first-person
- 4 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.