Urban Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 147 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 7692, decreased between 10 and 15% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 2919 and 27223.
- There were 114 standalone books, and 286 books which were in 204 unique series.
- There were 241 books in KU, and 159 wide.
- There were 54 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 346 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 93 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 181 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 115 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 16 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 258 were written in third-person
- 139 were written in first-person
- 5 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.