Urban Fantasy Month in Summary
This month there were 174 new books in the bestselling 400 books.View them on Amazon.
The median (50th-ranked) book was at Best Sellers Rank 6897, decreased less than 5% from last month. Half the books in the bestselling 400 were between ranks 2057 and 27070.
- There were 122 standalone books, and 278 books which were in 184 unique series.
- There were 248 books in KU, and 152 wide.
- There were 40 books published by an imprint of a major traditional publisher, and 360 books estimated to be independent or self-published.
Sales Rank Distribution
- 121 books are up to 30 days old. View them on Amazon.
- 169 books are between 1 month and 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
- 103 books are over 6 months old. View them on Amazon.
Trending in Blurbs
Blurbs had a median of 16 sentences across 5 paragraphs. Text analysis of the blurbs in the Top 100 suggests:
- 247 were written in third-person
- 148 were written in first-person
- 1 of the first-person blurbs had more than one point of view
Setting vs Character in Blurbs
In this plot, each dot is a blurb. The percentages show how much of each blurb is about characters, and how much is about setting and events. Neither is better than the other, but this plot shows us whether blurbs in the Top 100 are mostly about one or the other, or a mixture.